Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well unfortunately Purdue just lost in the Sweet Sixteen to UConn.  They are a very big team.  But I think we played with a lot of heart, even if we didn't play with a lot of finesse.

In other news my visit to UND yesterday was so cool!  I had a lot of fun with my high school friend Kate and her boyfriend, who is going to be a comrade of mine in our program.  Everyone was very nice and the campus glowed in the more beautiful side of March weather.  While on campus, the well-meaning director of admissions at Duke called me and tried to convince me to sign up.  I may or may not get funding to go there, but either way I feel as though Notre Dame has been able to make a better offer.

The Duke director's ace in the hole, however, was to appeal to my Methodist sympathies to try and pull me to North Carolina.  I'm sympathetic to the attempt, but I don't think I can turn UND down.  It looks like I'll be in South Bend next year, hanging out with the Pope and God's mom.  They'll let me in to their school but they won't let me take Communion.  That's a joke, I think they're all right.

Also, I get to stay on the banks of the Wabash this summer, an opportunity for which I am very thankful.  It will be a financial boon and let me spend time with my Purdue friends for a little while longer before I move.  Most of all, however, it lets me stay home for just a few more months, which is precious to me.

Page Count on my thesis: 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment